Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Buddy Orion

You know, I often feel grumpy about having the responsibility of walking our dog.  It was supposed to be my kids' dog, but, surprise, surprise, turns out she's my dog.  One of the things I hate/love is the last walk of the night.  I almost always am grumpy, not in the mood to suit up and go back out into the chill.  But when I get out there, its almost always fabulous.  Tonight was a good example.  Once I got my grumpy butt outside, I looked up and my mood reversed. 

Most people who know me well know also know that I am a space freak.  I can't even explain how awed I am by the night sky.  Tonight was awesome. Sky was clear. My bestie Orion was just rising in the south, Cassiopeia was up in the north.  Orion makes me happy, every time I see him.  Wish I knew where Mars was tonight.  Mars is my main obsession.  I so want to go there, I can't even put it in words.

I had my 6 year old with me, and I pointed out Orion and the Pleiades.  He fell behind, so I looked back, and he was playing "Clash of Clans" on my phone while walking along the sidewalk.  Guess obsessions aren't genetic  :-).

So now I'm back inside, but still happy I reconnected with my buddy Orion, same as I do all nights that are clear, and even better yet, in the mornings when its still dark, and crisp.  That's the best time to see him, at least here in Florida. 

Till tomorrow, Orion . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment